The historic village of Martlesham was recorded in the Domesday Book (1086) as Merlesham, although evidence of Roman settlements has also been found. It is home to two pubs and the idyllic Martlesham creek, which is a popular location for both sailing and wildlife walks. Residents often refer to the parish as ‘Old Martlesham’ as a means of distinguishing the older village with the more recent Martlesham Heath development. Martlesham boasts a number of features and attractions, including a local leisure, health and fitness centre and the Martlesham Heath Control Tower Museum in the newer development. Properties range from beautiful detached houses with spacious gardens to distinguished bungalows and 18th-century cottages.
Speak to an Expert
Chiltern Associates are an experience surveying practice covering Martlesham and much of the surrounding area. With many years of experience providing surveys and valuations right across the property spectrum we are in a unique position to offer detailed surveying services coupled with detailed local knowledge.
As part of the service we feel it is important to not only provide a survey report but also take some time to review this with the client. This is a service that some larger practices and banks are unable to do but it is a crucial part of the process. We make sure that the client understands the report and any issues found in it. Along with this we are able to discuss the evidence and reasons behind any issues as well as the implications they may have on the building and the purchase itself.
Special challenges in Martlesham include possible flooding from the nearby River Deben. Clients may need to consider special flood treatment for their chosen purchase. For older buildings you may need to consider challenges such as structural movement, rising and penetrating damp and more. If you have any concerns regarding a historic property, do not hesitate to get in touch.
As respected surveyors in Martlesham east of Ipswich, Chiltern Associates have carried out building surveys and homebuyer reports on each type of property. The average property price in Martlesham is just under £340,000 (2016). Homeowners looking at purchasing a property in the Martlesham area would benefit from a detailed report conducted by a professional and experienced surveyor. Chiltern Associates will be able to highlight any defects found present within the property, in addition to providing expert advice on how those defects may be repaired.
Surveying Services in Martlesham
Chiltern Associates specialise in a range of different services for properties in Martlesham;
- Building Surveys – Recommended for many of the properties in Martlesham, the Building Survey will look at all visible and accessible areas of both the interior and exterior of the property. Our team will give special care to analysing and noting down any major or hidden defects within the property and professional advice is also provided as to how those defects may be repaired.
- Listed and Historic Building Surveys – It is essential that an experienced surveyor is used for historic and listed buildings. Chiltern Associates draw from extensive previous experience in order to offer situation-specific advice on any defects or concerns found. The report will take into account the condition of the property, its construction, age, structure, any extensions or renovations conducted and most importantly any requirements of the local authority conservation officer.
- Enhanced Homebuyer Reports – This report consists of a detailed look at all visible and accessible elements of the property. The Chiltern Associates Homebuyer Reports will include photographs of the property that document any defects found, along with advice given on how those defects can be rectified. It is the recommended report for post-1900 properties in reasonable condition.
- Valuations – An accurate valuation of the property is provided, based on a combination of knowledge regarding similar properties available on the market, and the condition of the property itself. A valuation can be used for a variety of purposes, such as in marital disputes, wills and probate and more.
- For more information on our RICS Red Book Valuation compliance please Click Here
As an independent practice, Chiltern Associates are not tied to any third party estate agents. By combining extensive experience in surveying historic buildings and listed properties, with an in-depth knowledge of properties in the Martlesham area as well as Kesgrave and Woodbridge, Chiltern Associates are able to offer impartial advice unique to each property. Thus we can ensure that every report conducted contains all the relevant information our clients will need.
Get in touch with Chiltern Associates today for more information on building surveys and homebuyer reports in Martlesham. Simply fill out the form on this page, or call us on 07973 306505 and our experienced team will be happy to help. We will discuss with you in depth and explain all the concerns you may have.