Chartered Surveyors Supplying Home Surveys & Mortgage Valuations
As proven by independent research by Which ? magazine and by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the one in five buyers who commission a survey save on average £2000 on the asking price and £1000’s on unexpected repairs.
A mortgage valuation is not a survey; it is for the lender to assess their needs, not your needs as a purchaser. The valuer is commissioned in identifying issues relevant to the mortgage company and their lending policy
For the hundreds of pounds that a survey will cost, you can save £1000’s
At Chiltern Associates we:
- Guarantee to give you sound professional advice independent of any estate agents
- Discuss your needs in detail including timing, budget, wish to carry out adaptations
- Recommend additional services if you need them, such as electrical tests
- Provide a detailed description of defects, with action points and photographs to match
- Write a clear written report without jargon
- Spend as much time at the property as needed
- Welcome your attendance at the time of inspection
- Discuss our findings after the inspection
- Produce an electronic and hard copy of the written report
- We recommend that you commission a survey once your offer is accepted to save on wasted legal fees should the survey bring up serious issues for you
- You choose whether you want the briefer homebuyer or the more in depth building survey. Building surveys should always be used for property pre 1900 or even later. We can talk through the options with you
- You can ask for special considerations to be included in the survey such as potential for loft conversion, extensions etc
- If you are buying a new property, a survey is still recommended as on average new houses have 80 defects.
- If you need the survey urgently, we can time inspection at an early date and give you an initial response on the day of the survey.
Don’t forget that at Chiltern Associates we work to help you with your needs.
Contact us today to find out how our services can help you. Fill in the form below and a member of our Ipswich team will contact you.