Nina Robinson FRICS MBA is a Suffolk-based, independent chartered surveyor with extensive experience providing in depth building surveys for a wide range of properties throughout the area. We focus on complete customer satisfaction and provide in depth and comprehensive reports that aim to provide you with all the information you need to decide whether or not you wish to continue with the planned purchase.
Detailed Survey Reports
A RICS Level 3 survey is always recommended for properties over 100 years old. I take great care to discuss client needs at the outset, carry out inspection in detail for each element of the property, take detailed photographs and notes, research background such as service details for heating and wiring and existing condition, maintenance work, energy conservation, Health and Safety such as staircase condition, wet rot and dry rot, detailed damp inspection, loft inspection, building regulation and planning certificates, flood risk details, plant risk such as Japanese Knotweed, boundary issues, parking provision and responsibilities of those managing an estate.
By providing a structured report including defects, repair and maintenance options and advice, I supply you with essential details regarding the structure and condition of the property.
I take pride in providing a friendly, approachable service that is tailored to meet your specific needs. With unrivalled knowledge of the local area and clear, comprehensive reporting we provide all clients with peace of mind when they are buying a property.
What is included in our RICS Level 3 Survey?
Our surveys are highly detailed and include reports on:
- Overall assessment of condition
- Condition of pantiled roof, fixings, condition of felt roof lining, ridge tiles
- Condition of brick walls including mortar joints, window lintels, cracking in brickwork, frost damage to brickwork, condition of decorative brickwork
- Condition of gutters and downpipes, joints, adequacy of run for gutters, rust in metal gutters
- Condition of windows including window joints, breakage in double glazed seals, fire escape in case of secondary glazing, locks in windows
- Condition of outside doors, rot, door sealage, fire joints
- Condition of damp proof course, height above ground level, material of DPC, damp treatment, French drains
- Services supply to house; gas, oil , water, and supply tanks
- Heating system, gas, oil, air source heat pumps
- Wiring and testing ; dangers
- Kitchen units and safety
- Internal walls and partitions
- Structural support; foundations, the nature of cracks
- Floors; solid and timber
- Staircases condition and safety
- Internal solid and plasterboard walls
- Fire alarms
- Chimney stacks and flues; fire safety
- Extensions and possible cracks between areas
- Outbuildings including sheds and garages
- Trees and potential structural damage
- Outside pools and streams; flood threats
- Boundaries and adequacy
- Public footpaths and rights of way
- Front drives and safety
- Drainage system; mains versus septic plants
- Full on site assessment with detailed site notes
- Copies of servicing and repair work; building regs and planning consents
What Do I Get When I Book a Survey?
The first part of any building survey for us it to discuss with you your initial concerns about the property such as structural movement or damp that you may be worried about. We also discuss your time constraints as this is an important considerations for us. We also look at the property online to better understand any challenges that the property may have and also the benefits of this potential purchase
We do background research and checks on the property, talk to the owner about any alterations carried out, services history and maintenance, as well as any consents obtained from planning or building regulation officers. We also ask about any history of maintenance on important areas such as the roof, damp penetration, gutters, wiring, heating and other matters
We then undertake the inspection itself which uses a detailed steps such as checking layout and measurements, any indication of damp, condition of windows, ceilings, floors and more. We also look at current and historic movement and perform an examination of loft area, in depth look at flat roofs and outside areas including any trees which have caused or likely to cause structural movement
After inspection we always call you with initial findings and discuss them
Report Via E-mail
The notes made are all assessed including detailed photos and then pulled together into the survey report. This report is then sent to you via email with in depth photos.
Follow Up Explanation Call or Meeting
As well as a detailed report we also take time to contact the client once the report has been delivered. The aim of this contact is to make sure the client understands all the points in the report as well as the implications they may have on future repairs costs, the value and more. We feel this is an important part of the service that is often missed with cheaper or larger companies.
We also make ourselves available further down the line should you want to discuss anything at all about the survey.
Our Suffolk surveyors carefully examine the overall condition of the building, check timber for structural integrity or infestations and provide a thorough and detailed report with guides for repairs when required. Building Surveys are essential when the property you are considering is a larger, older or rundown, or a building that is unusual or has been altered from the original structure.
For building surveys we have unmatched knowledge of the historic outlying villages of Ipswich, as well as having conducted detailed reports on homes and properties throughout Woodbridge, Aldeburgh, Stowmarket and Southwold, so have confidence in the level of professional service we provide.
Why choose Chiltern Associates?
Prompt action to your needs and free initial phone advice
35+ years experience working with all property types
Extensive Ipswich, Suffolk and local area knowledge
Experts in Historic, Victorian & Non traditional buildings
For more details on our Building Surveys, or to find out more information on the range of other property related services I provide for homes throughout Suffolk, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can complete the form by filling out your details and your query, or you can give us a call on 07973 306505 where I will gladly assist you.